Parking Regulations for Students at Riverdale High School
Parking your vehicle at Riverdale High School (RHS) is a privilege. If this privilege is abused, then you will lose your parking privileges. Financial obligations MUST be resolved and your Emergency Card and Code of Conduct papers completed before a parking permit will be issued. Your parking permit MUST be visible at all times. Parking Permit fee is $30.00 (or $60.00 for your name on a spot); replacement fee for a lost permit is $15.00.
- Students may park in designated “student parking” areas only.*
- RHS assumes no responsibility for any damage to any vehicle parked on campus.
- RHS assumes no responsibility for the theft of any vehicle left on campus.
- RHS assumes no responsibility for items taken from any vehicle on campus.
- Students must have proper authorization to leave campus during the school day.*
- Students with RHS parking privileges will be required to conduct themselves in a responsible manner. The RHS parking lot is a place for you to park your vehicle. Loitering in the parking lot is unacceptable and consequences for doing so will be given in accordance with the school discipline policy.*
- If at any time there is reason to believe that a student is concealing stolen or illegal property, alcoholic beverages, tobacco or tobacco products, illegal drugs or substances and/or any weapons, a member of the instructional or administrative staff has the right to search the student as well as the student’s locker, vehicle, and/or personal property. In addition, school premises are subject to search by trained animals. (Florida Statute #232.256)
- 10 unexcused tardies to school will result in a temporary loss of driving privileges.
*Failure to follow the parking regulations may result in the following punishments:
1st Offense: Warning
2nd Offense: 1 Day After-Hours School
3rd Offense: 2-Week Loss of Parking Privilege.
4th Offense: 3-Week Loss of Driving Privilege
5th Offense: Level III (Administrative Review)